Thursday, February 7, 2008

The beginning...

I hate snow. I hate snow a lot. One of the reasons I have liked living in Pullman, WA for so many years is because the winters are so mild (compared to the Chicago style winters that I grew up with). However...this year has been a completely different story. We have had huge snow storm after snow storm and the snow keeps piling up. I believe that today (February 7, 2008) the snow will now begin to melt and fade away. Sure we may get a little more snow here or there but the snow is on its way out.

This blog will document the giant snow pile that has accumulated right outside our driveway. This snow pile is legit. It has not been made larger on purpose. This is the real deal. I would currently estimate the snow pile is at 6 feet 6 inches which is the peak height for this winter. Last night the Palouse received about 5 more inches of wet snow so after shoveling (again) I decided to snap a few pictures of it and I'll continue to do so until the snow pile is gone.

The weather has warmed up today to the upper 30s and winds are blowing at 35+mph with some gusts over 50 mph. Finally some warmth...

Sit back and enjoy the demise of the snow pile. I know I will.

No comments: